Friday 11 June 2010

Google calendar and Doodle

Now I have a Google calendar, and I've added it to my IGoogle page. I've tried several online calendars before, but have never maintained them for more than a few days. I still fall back on my little pocket sized diary made of paper - it's portable, easy to maintain and I like the business of choosing one every year and looking at the pictures/literary quotes whatever, for each week. Even for work, in the Tower Project we get by with a shared diary on dedicated file space, so we can all see who should be where and when. I'm on leave this week but when I get back I will ask my colleagues if they would like to sign up for Google calendars and share them. I think I might find this calendar more interesting if I customised it a bit, but at the moment I'm doing so much new stuff that customising the calendar will have to wait.

Doodle - we already use this at work (UL Collection Development and Description) for scheduling meetings. It's certainly more economical in time than dealing with a dozen replies by email. Thinking about it, I'm quite embarrassed to remember that in the past I've had email exchanges on the lines of "Can we meet to talk about x? When are you free?" "How about Monday?" "Oh, I can't do Monday, how about Tuesday morning?" ... and so on. Life is finite.

No comments:

Post a Comment