Friday 11 June 2010

Can I do that? Yes! (not always)

One of my favourite things about learning new things is that you find yourself asking a whole lot of new questions. After a few weeks of Cam23 I find myself not just looking at things online but wondering how they're done. How does it work? On the UL public homepage there's a slideshow of images, many of them from the Tower project - how does it work? Cardies and tweed has video in her blog - I want it too! And the great thing is that I can just ask people and find out.

Which leads to the next, revolutionary question: can I do that? And often the answer is yes!

It's a great feeling! And hopefully the answer will be Yes more often as I try things out.

3 comments:

  1. This post should be the official motto of the 23 Things programme. Very inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "the next, revolutionary question: can I do that? And often the answer is yes!"

    That's a perfect crystallization of what I've felt learning to program over the last three years or so (with large gaps due to actual work needing to be done). Suddenly you can make things that previously you could only consume - you're a player and not just a spectator. And when something has a practical upshot, you feel very clever indeed! (Until it goes wrong and you have to fix it.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a great post - thank you :) And cheers for introducing me to Glee by way of the video trailer!

    ReplyDelete