Sunday 13 June 2010

I wouldn't say I was obsessive ...

This is my first attempt to add video to my blog, and it has to be Glee. If you ever feel that library life needs livening up, this may help!




Adding this was hard - where has Sunday gone to? I was sure I'd seen a handy 'add video' icon on this blogger toolbar, then I realised it is on the 'old settings' but not on the new, so I've changed back to the 'old settings to add video. I wasn't even sure of the difference between uploading and downloading, also didn't know what "embed" meant, didn't know anything about different video formats and the different programmes required to play them. I realised I know nothing about the copyright issues of downloading a clip of a TV programme. Surely there's a 'fair dealing' clause for something like a 30 second clip? I shall have to find out, or I may get dragged off to a US jail and miss series 2. Also I suspect that Fox TV, which makes Glee, is canny enough to put something on their videos to stop them being downloaded. After struggling with trying to add video clips of Glee from the E4 site, I thought I'd fall back on YouTube, and that is a lot easier: instructions are here

Sadly, for various possible reasons, I haven't yet managed to add the Glee take on Lady Gaga and I still have to eat. So here's the link

And apologies for the dodgy layout, I've been over-ambitious today!

No comments:

Post a Comment